Thursday, March 1, 2012

Painting History: Tobacco Barns

Some students who painted "Tobacco Barns"
Tobacco barns are an integral part of North Carolina's past and many communities grew as a result of "tobacco money." For many, the hard work in the barns and fields was the only good paying job and listening to the stories is a step back into a not so distant time!

The barns remain scattered across the state in every form from log construction to cinder block but the appeal and memories are timeless. 

What an amazing job these students did working from a painting that Theresa created while at her parent's farm outside of Greenville, NC.  Stephen Filarsky taught the class.  

2 comments:

  1. This was my fourth class with Steve and Theresa. I have learned so much about composition, color and techniques to make my paintings my own. We have lots of fun and Steve and Theresa are excellent teachers. I can't wait to take my next class. It is a real treat for me and for the others who are in class each time. Thanks Theresa and Steve.

    ReplyDelete